zone transfers from non authoritive dns

Mipam mipam at ibb.net
Thu Aug 5 16:38:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

I was trying to receive some zone file from a dns machine and encountered
(i had permission from the admins to transfer the zones)

/usr/libexec/named-xfer -z zorgthuis.nl -f /bla/db.zorgthuis.nl -s 0 a.b.c.d

named-xfer[58897]: [a.b.c.d] not authoritative for zorgthuis.nl, SOA
query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 0, aucount 1

with dig:

dig @a.b.c.d zorgthuis.nl axfr

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @a.b.c.d zorgthuis.nl axfr
; (1 server found)
;; Received 0 answers (0 records).
;; FROM: my.dns.server.com to SERVER: a.b.c.d
;; WHEN: Thu Aug  5 18:34:58 2004

Is it possible that only from my machine i am encountering this or
shouldnt anybody be able to transfer that zone from a.b.c.d because its
not authoritive?
Bye,

Mipam.