slaving a zone called "localhost" won't IXFR

BOG junk at 1command.com
Tue Aug 10 10:06:36 UTC 2004

Greetings,
 You should never have to "swap" (transfer) localhost zones. These are special
zones and are used only for the host/ server it is located on. As a matter of
fact, here is a typical entry in named.conf for the zone "localhost":

zone "localhost." in {
    type master;
    file "localhost.zone";
    allow-query { any; };
    allow-transfer { none; };
    notify no;
};

Take note of the "allow-transfer" line. There should be no need to transfer this
zone to any other machine/ host/ server. Each has it's own for *it's own* use.
This is why BIND is telling you "it is already up to date". The log message
is, as it should be. Change the allow-transfer line to none; as above.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Best wishes,
 Chris