RNDC Socket Control

Jeremy Hahn jhahn at omnipilot.com
Fri Aug 13 19:28:26 UTC 2004

Hello List,

  I am creating a web-ui for BIND using a somewhat proprietary language,
which does not allow cross-platform compatibility for system execution
routines. So, as a workaround, I am trying to create a routine which will
use a socket programming routine to communicate with the RNDC utility via
TCP/IP. Is there anyplace that I can find some good docs on how the headers
for the RNDC protocol are supposed to be formatted, etc.? Has anyone done
this before that can shed some light on my dark world right now?

- Jeremy Hahn
OmniPilot Software
Lasso Development Support Team
jhahn at omnipilot.com