DNS Settings Primary/Secondary

Paul Long paul_a_long at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:03:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

I apologise if this isn't a general enough group but I'd appreciate it
if anyone could help with with some DNS settings that are causing me
much grief!

I host a domain: 'longbrook.net' that has been configured at the
registrar with the following DNS settings:

 ns1.totalresourcing.com
 ns1.twisted4life.com
 secondary.org

I have configured the BIND DNS (windows version) with the same
settings (I host totalresourcing.com as well)

However, when I use www.dnsreport.com to look up my settings I always
get the following DNS readings:

     Your NS records at your nameservers are:

     longbrook.net. [TTL=3600]
     dns.consumer.net. [TTL=3600]
     dns2.consumer.net. [TTL=3600]

Is 'consumer.net' some sort of default if the DNS are not working
correctly?

I also have the same problem with a '.co.uk' domain which ends up
being mapped to 'dns.consumer.uk'.

Finally, should I really be including 'secondary.org' within my
registrar's database?

Any help is much appreciated.

Paul.