New to BIND

Drew Schatt schatt at schatt.com
Wed Aug 18 07:59:27 UTC 2004

Actually, in your resolv.conf, you have 127.0.0.1 listed as your
namesever.
In your named.conf, however, it's only listening on 192.168.1.50.
My recommendation would be to remove that line entirely, or to make
sure that all of the addresses you're trying to contact the nameserver
on are listed (according to your resolv.conf, you're trying to contact
it on 127.0.0.1).
	-Drew Schatt