named running no ns

Kelly webmaster at boredomsoftware.com
Sat Aug 21 03:44:15 UTC 2004

Yes it is port 53 sorry.

I am trying to ping or nslookup or anything to show ns1.boredomhost.com
is existing.  I get nothing.

I guess I am not sure what the problem is I am having.  I cannot get my
nameserver to talk to the internet nameservers.

Right now boredomhost.com is on a parked webserver from my domain
provider.  The domain provider says ns1.boredomhost.com does not exist
when I try to change it.

Kelly

--- Kelly <webmaster at boredomsoftware.com> wrote:

> Oops damn mail filter!
>
> I am running bind 9.2.2 on a Mandrake 9.1 box.  The server is up and
> running but I cannot ping the nameserver on the net.

ping via name or IP?
and from where, inside your network, or outside?

> According to
> myserver.org my ISP is not blocking port 52.

I might be wrong, but port 53 is the stock dns port.

> I am including the files in a zip.

please do not attach files, and dont edit out your domain name/ip
resend to the list with the raw config files in
plain text in the body of the message.

> Anyone have any idea that will help?

perhaps, but it would just be a wild guess,
cause all you have said is "i have a problem".

we dont know the who / what / where to get the rest of the data.