no IPv6 interfaces found

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Aug 23 15:09:02 UTC 2004

Hello,

> Tough, the code doesn't provide this. Feel free to contribute a patch.

I surely would. But I'm not a C-programmer. And trust me: If I'd try on
this, you wouldn't want to use my code :-)

> But then you'd probably
> whine that when the logging was turned up, the server still reported
> at boot time that it didn't find any IPv6 interfaces.

For sure. Because I didn't told him to look for _all_ iinterfaces. If
I'm telling BIND to bind to a certain interface and not to look for IPv6
interfaces, I'm expecting BIND to do this. I'm using

listen-on { 129.186.0.1; };
listen-on-v6 { none; };

So for what reason does BIND any periodically interface checks? That's a
bug in my eyes.

Regard
Marten