Bind, Plesk for Windows and Server Fail Error

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Sat Aug 28 04:48:43 UTC 2004

> Hi Everyone,
>
> We're running Plesk Server Administrator 6.5 for Windows 2000 on a
> server that uses BIND 9.2.2.  Every month, one of our domains stops
> working.  Slowly each A record stops responding to pings and
> ns-lookups, until the domain disappears completely.

u have to do more troubleshooting, start from your authoritative
nameserver, does it provide A records when you face problem ? Use dig
command to troubleshoot it. Check you clients, do they have proper dns
config. Check from outside your network, is it the same problem?

> i ran a dns report on dnsreport.com and all i got was:
> [ERROR: The parent servers do not have any NS records for
> youryouthcouncil.org.uk. This DNS Report only works for domains with
> nameservers (such as example.com), not hostnames such as
> www.example.com, or IPs such as 198.168.12.14.]

I ran the dns report I can see the domain is working fine from overhere
(uae)

Ladislav