Forwarding: The decision, whether to employ it, is *complex*, kids.

Networking Guy justaskme at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:11:51 UTC 2004

In news:c1.01.2thvzy$5AJ at J.de.Boyne.Pollard.localhost,
Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET> made a post then I
commented below
>  If you're not using a forwarder (well, then you should be.
>
>  [...]
>
>  Dana Brash
>  MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA
>
> In the discussion forum for ISC's BIND, DevilsPGD has just written:
>

>    Why are you using forwarding? This is silly, dangerous and
> pointless.
>
>  I agree 100% with the above -- I'm curious, can anybody tell me why
> the whole forwarding fetish seems to be so popular, especially in
> printed books and documentation and MCSEs?
>
>  Most crackerjack box MCSEs are not only stupid, but lazy -- Setting
> up forwarding takes a few more seconds then not setting up
> forwarding, so what's the benefit?

<snip>

Jonathan, you need to lay off the caffeine...

Were all here to help and advise, and the more responses a poster receives,
invites collaboration. Your understanding of DNS is remarkable, and is
welcomed in the discussions, but to flame, is unwarranted.

--
Regards,
Ace

G O   E A G L E S !!!