Compiling Bind...

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Tue Dec 7 07:32:17 UTC 2004

Greetings:

I need to compile Bind so that I have binaries for multiple platforms
available to install.  Is it possible to have several different
binaries in one directory tree?  I mean this to be in a similar manner
to the way Sendmail is compiled...  You have one configuration with
these as object directories:

obj.Linux.2.4.21-4.ELhugemem.i686/
obj.Linux.2.4.21-9.ELhugemem.i686/
obj.Linux.2.4.21-9.ELsmp.i686/
obj.SunOS.5.8.sun4/
obj.SunOS.5.9.sun4/

I have several other binaries available...  How to do this with Bind?
Has anyone done this?  If so, how?

Assist appreciated.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin