newbie

Nima Reid dbrowne at thecable.net
Thu Dec 9 20:06:19 UTC 2004

I have bind8 running on solaris 8 and i needed to update the ip address
for one of the zone files but for some reason after i changed the ip
address and ran rndc reload the old ip address is still showing up.  I
changed the TTL from 1 day to 3 minutes but still no luck.  Below is the
zone data file.  Please help if you can.

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 180        ; 3 minutes
sknvibes.com            IN SOA  NS1.thecable.net. info.thecable.net. (
                                2003013002 ; serial
                                180      ; refresh (3 mins)
                                120       ; retry (2 mins)
                                777600     ; expire (1 week 2 days)
                                180       ; minimum (2 mins)
                                )
$TTL 180        ; 3 minutes
                        NS      NS1.thecable.net.
                        NS      NS2.thecable.net.
                        A       216.133.202.181
                        MX      10 mail.sknvibes.com.
$ORIGIN sknvibes.com.
ftp                     A       216.133.202.181
mail                    A       216.133.202.130
www                     CNAME   sknvibes.com.

Nima