no answer on dig ip.ad.dre.ss

Bill Thielman b.thielman at fuse.net
Thu Dec 9 04:41:23 UTC 2004

Gentlemen (and others, as apropos) . . .
I am attempting to get my first server up on Fedora Core 1. I have a
static IP and registered domain name, and (perhaps) many/most ? of my
named zones set up properly. I have only one box and one name that I am
attempting to configure at the present time. I get: "flags: qr aa rd;
QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 2" when I dig my domain
name. However, I get: "flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 13,
ADDITIONAL: 13" when I dig my IP. The AUTHORITY: 13, ADDITIONAL: 13 are of
course from the named.ca !?  I am confident it is a minor (well, major
actually) error in my zone files. I have done searches on Google and
searches in books, however I hve never asked another human being. And I am
doing that now . . . so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

--
Bill Thielman
Ikonomi-Thielman Publishing