notify for RR with multiple addresses.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Dec 10 10:31:50 UTC 2004

Hello,

If i have NS record pointing to RR, where the RR has multiple addresses
(e.g. multihomed host or setr of hosts), does BIND sent NOTIFY to all
those IP Addresses or just one for every RR?

example:

nextra.sk	IN	NS	ns.nextra.sk.
ns.nextra.sk.	IN	A	195.168.1.2
		IN	A	195.168.1.4
		IN	A	195.168.1.6

in case of a domain changes, and 'ns.nextra.sk' is one of nameservers for
the domain, will all IP's receive the notify?

I wasn't able to find any info mentioning this in RFC nor bind
docs/FAQ/changelog.

Remember half the people you know are below average.