Combining DNS and NATD

bob prohaska bp at fib.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Dec 12 02:43:30 UTC 2004

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:
>>> Yes. Views + some careful design.=20
>>>=20
>
>> Hmm, the "careful design" part looks tricky 8-)
>
> Yes. I did not fully grep the question at first. When i did
> i realized that it's not possible to do what you want with bind
> (or any other nameserver)
>
> It could be done in apache ( virtualhosts is the acronym)

Virtual hosts would seem to allow multiples names to be associated
with a single physical host, which is useful. I'm looking for a way to
associate multiple physical hosts with a single IP using the machinery
of network address translation. Looks like a NATD problem, not DNS.
And quite possibly insoluble.

Thanks for your help!

bob prohaska