Antwort: nsupdate with bind9

holger.honert at signal-iduna.de holger.honert at signal-iduna.de
Wed Dec 15 06:41:15 UTC 2004

Hi Matt,

here you are:

>update add ras.system.local 3600 MX 50 mail.ras.system.local
>send

you can use all standard RFC DNS Records for updating your zones with
nsupdate.

Freundlichen Gruß/Kind Regards

Holger Honert

KOMN-97851

SIGNAL IDUNA Gruppe
Joseph-Scherer-Str. 3

44139 Dortmund

Phone: +49 231/135-4043
FAX: +49 231/135-2959

mailto: holger.honert at signal-iduna.de

Matt Kukowski <elitescripts2000 at yahoo.com>
Gesendet von: bind-users-bounce at isc.org
14.12.2004 11:12

An:           bind-users at isc.org
Kopie:
Thema:        nsupdate with bind9

Hello,

I have nsupdate set up with keys with my bind9 server and I added/deleted
A and CNAME records.. however Im having problems finding info/examples on
how to add MX records.

Can someone send me or point me to a location where I can get all ( or all
the most major ) examples on how to add all types of dns records ???

example to add an A record with nsupdate:
update delete somehost.example.com. A
update add somehost.example.com. 86400 A 10.0.0.1

Above would be example format Im looking for.. I know you need to add
lines
server ns1.example.com
zone example.com
before updating.. I just need to know the lines to add MX records and
better yet all types of records..

thanks in advance
-matt