Getting hold of serial numbers
stephen at totalflood.com
Thu Dec 16 14:52:59 UTC 2004
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
- On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 03:57:04PM -0800,
- Stephen Carville <stephen at totalflood.com> wrote
- a message of 40 lines which said:
- > USe whois to get a list of dns servers
- Bad idea, the information in the DNS itself ("dig NS totalflood.com") is
- typically more recent and more reliable.
Dig did not work for the particular domain in question. Whois may be
less reliable as a general rule but when dig doesn't work, whois is
better than pulling ip address out of my arse.
More information about the bind-users