nslookup

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Fri Dec 17 15:35:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 05:38:25PM -0600, Tim Kelley wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2004 15:40, Plantier, Spencer wrote:
> > Is there a way in Solaris 9 with nslookup to see all the DNS records. We
> > are converting DNS to a new box and trying to verify that we have all
> > the records transferred over.
>
> For god's sake, just stop using nslookup and use dig.

Maybe if dig didn't have the world's most convoluted and non-standard
options processing, more people would embrace it.

I still have to look up the dig manual every time I use it because
whomever wrote it decided to abandon standard UNIX options types and
instead came up with this bizarre combination of options followed by
host names followed by options followed by @ signs followed by options
followed by host names.

Yeesh.

--