BIND9.3.0 installation

Don Pandori dpandori at nycap.rr.com
Sun Dec 19 03:45:47 UTC 2004

First step is to make sure that gcc is installed.  It isn't installed by
default on a Solaris 9 build.  You can get it from
http://sunfreeware.com.  I'd recommend the UUNET or SprintLink mirror
for downloads.  You should probably download and install GCC, libiconv
and OpenSSL.  That should get you what you need for compilers, etc.

For most build that I have done on Solaris, your best bet is to set your
path like this:

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:${PATH}
export PATH

This also *assumes* you're in sh, ksh or bash.

That should take care of the compile.

Good luck!

Don