9.3.0 high CPU usage at idle on W2k3?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Dec 22 01:13:27 UTC 2004

At 01:59 AM 12/20/2004, Peter E. Fry wrote:
>   Suggestions?  I've had some fun (oh, yeah) securing the system -- it's
>probably locked down a bit tighter than the default.  I can think of a
>few services that might gag, but BIND isn't one of them.

I shouldn't gag. I spent a consider amount of time and effort to ensure
that the installer does lock things down. Note that the account under
which the service runs only has one privilege: "Run as Service". Nothing
else is necessary except to set up the disk permissions correctly.
Normal installers that install service end up giving services just about
all privileges (though I don't know what happens on W2K3).

Danny