"Mounting" a zone in two locations

Charles Duffy cduffy at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 22 12:29:00 UTC 2004

I have two domains, A.com and B.com (company went through a name change).
I want to have a common, dynamically updated subdomain, available as both
foo.A.com and foo.B.com, such that a nsupdate call adding (or removing) a
host bar.foo.A.com also immediately impacts any lookups against
bar.foo.B.com. I don't have any particular need to support nsupdate
requests attempting to directly update foo.B.com.

I already have foo.A.com working; however, I'm not quite clear on what the
correct way to also expose this zone as foo.B.com would be. Any hints on
how to go about this, or a better way to get the behaviour in question?
I'm using BIND 9.

Thanks!