turning off EDNS0

Joseph Harvell jharvell at dogpad.net
Thu Dec 30 00:06:47 UTC 2004

Mark:

Thanks for your reply.  I do notice some AAAA queries in my Ethereal
trace.  I will try the upgrade as you suggested.

I also notice that in several cases, the delay between the time the
resolver issues the query to the local bind implementation and the time
the local bind implementation issues the first query (to one of the root
servers) is 2 seconds.  In another case while bind had many queries
pending it seemed to wait 6 seconds.  Is bind multithreaded on Linux?

I also notice that Mozilla is making AAAA queries initially instead of A
queries.  This seems to be slowing things down too.