b.root-servers.net

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:01:45 UTC 2004

In article <bvo88e$rr4$1 at sf1.isc.org>, bill <bmanning at karoshi.com>
wrote:

> 	its not that we don't care, its that the problems are
> 	not with our direct upstream providers. it is problematic
> 	to encourage third parties to be interested in changing
> 	thier filters when the reported problem does not include
> 	one of their customers.
>
> 	It sounds like you have problems with one or more of your
> 	direct upstream providers.  You should have leverage there.

Any idea why so many different ISPs are filtering you in the first
place?  That suggests a more general problem, not an ISP error.

Did you get a new address block that used to belong to someone that was
blacklisted?  Maybe if you find the blacklist you're in you can get it
fixed, and the ISPs that use the blacklist will clear their filters.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA