Zone Delegation

Håkan Lindholm hakan at staff.spray.se
Wed Feb 4 21:40:51 UTC 2004

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 10:14 =
PM:

> Accept all requests

Default behaviour, right?

> If the lookup is for a domain it is master for, lookup and return to
> client.

Default.

> If the lookup is for abc.com, ask this other server over our
> Intranet and return to client.

Use zone type "forward", like this:

zone "168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
	type forward;
	forwarders {
		172.16.0.5;
		172.16.0.6;
	};
};

> If the lookup is for any other domain,
> forward request to our LOCAL ISP (not over the Intranet)

I would recommend the default behaviour here, but if you already have a =
working global forwarders config, stick to that if you like it.

> I hope that this will help speed up our DNS resolution.

Good luck!=20

/H

--=20
    Senior Network Engineer  @  SPRAY NETWORK SERVICES AB
      System, Network and Security Architecture and Admin
        for Lycos Europe ( http://www.lycos-europe.com/ )
HL1251-RIPE 12832 AS-LYCOSEU LINX AMS-IX DIX DE-CIX SFINX