Win XP as Bind client

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Sun Feb 8 02:38:43 UTC 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 11:58 pm, V at dim wrote:

> My home xp pc i have configured same as in office.
> For example my home domain's name is home.net and server name is
> hserv. From my home xp client i can only ping hserv.home.net, i can't
> ping hserv without domain name. Why? Help to solve this problem.

I believe this is the second answer for this question within the last
day or so.

You need to tell your XP-based system to add the domain name whenever
just a hostname is entered; it won't do this automagically.

We're an MS-Windows-free shop, so I can't tell you how/where <frown>.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation