bind 8.3.4 allow-notify

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 9 14:55:20 UTC 2004

In article <c07gef$21vs$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Ladislav Vobr <lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae> wrote:

> does bind 8.3.4 by default accept notify only from the master, I didn't
> find allow-notify option in the bind8. Can it be defined explicitly from
> which source ip the notify should be accepted?

It only accepts notifies from the master, and I don't think there's any
way to change that.  Why should they be coming from anywhere else?

If your master has multiple addresses, and it's sending notifies from
the wrong one, I think you can fix this using the notify-source option
(or if there's no such option, use query-source).

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA