More than 900 selective Forwarders

Martin Schor schor at genesiscom.ch
Mon Feb 16 14:55:53 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm currently planning a new DNS Concept which has some complexity.
Now the following question came up: Is there a limitation of the number of
selective forwarders BIND can handle? I should use more than 900 of them! In
my understanding selective forwarders are nothing else than zone statements,
if this is the case I can't think of a reason why this number of zone
statements shouldn't be possible. Or are the selective forwarders treated
different? Has anybody experience with such a high number of selective
forwarders?

Regards

Martin