My first mail..

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 20 21:56:32 UTC 2004

In article <c15sjk$2qmb$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Vishal" <vishal at netsolutionsindia.net> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply. Hope below explanation will help to understand my
> problem in more better way.
>
> I have around 3000 domains hosted on my server. For some reason I need to
> check if the domain is been resolved by my server. Now instead of checking
> each domain is there anyway that I can check all the domains in a single
> command from some other server, using my server IP.

put the list of domains in a file, and do:

for domain in `cat filename`
do
  dig $domain soa @<serverIP> +norec
done

and confirm that it prints correct SOA records with the "aa" flag set
for all of them.  This script can be improved on by piping the dig
output to some greps that check the output.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA