What happens if I point an MX record to the wrong mailserver?

User, Public public at seajay.com
Mon Jan 5 18:33:09 UTC 2004

This is really a function of your mail server being able to accept
messages sent to junk.com.  Once a sending SMTP server finds an MX for
that, it will attempt a direct SMTP connection to that server.  It is up
to the server to accept mail for whatever domains it is allowed to.
Chris

Christopher P. Jenkins, Senior Consultant

Concordant, Inc.

P:  508-820-3080

F:  508-820-4367

C:  508-241-7415