Propogation and Nameserver Management

DiLu790 dilu790 at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 22:15:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm slightly confused and can't find anyone to answer my questions. I was
switching one of my domains to another host. Now I've gone down the road of
changing the Nameservers before at my registrar. But here's the catch:

1- If say I make the initial change one day, thus we can figure the propogation
will take place 72 hours later or less. BUT, what if during that time, I simply
added an additional set of nameservers without changing what I have as the
Primary and Secondary? Would that mean that my 72 hours begins from any point I
update the infor regardless of whether the Primary and Secondary indicated
remained the same?

2- In #1 above, I make the assumption that you CAN have two sets of
nameservers. One set being where your site was at previously and the other
where you want your site to go (so's to avoid downtime).
Would I be correct in my assumption.

Thanks in advance for any responses.