forwarding with bind8.3.7

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jan 13 13:57:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have 3 dns servers doing DNS lookups and for speeding up some requests
I'd like to set up forwarding of queries between them.

I've read the documentstion (not the sources) and I see that I can set up
option "forward first". However I am not sure if it won't have negative
impact on speed of requests that are not in cache of any server.

I'd like to know - what's the timeout before DNS Server sends the requests
to outside after they were sent to peers without reply.
Is it possible to tune the timeout somehow?

Honk if you love peace and quiet.