[Forward zone]

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jan 14 18:50:42 UTC 2004

J=E9r=E9my Mauro wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>

>Juste a quick question does my forward zone must appear in the status of=
 =3D
>named( rndc status)? Because in my case it doesn't. Is this normal?

I assume you mean a zone of "type forward", right (sometimes the term=20
"forward zone" is used to distinguish ordinary zones from "reverse"=20
ones)? "type forward" zones aren't really "zones" in the strict sense of=20
the word, more like overrides of the default forwarding/referral=20
algorithm, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were excluded=20
from the count shown in "rndc status"...

                                                                        =20