Limited visibility

Geoff Austin geoff at w-sys.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 09:28:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I recently set up a couple of dns servers for my domain and had the parent
domain point at them.

They work fine from my side (looking out) and they work fine for some of the
people trying to resolve machines in my domain. However, there are several
people who cannot resolve addresses in my domain.

I have run www.dnsreport.com against the domain and it seems happy.

I'm running bind 9.2.2-p3 on fedora
The domain name is w-sys.co.uk
The ip address of the primary DNS server is 82.68.177.91
The ip address of the secondary DNS server is 82.68.177.92
Examples of DNS servers that cannot resolve are:
  ns1.bt.net
  ns1.ip-plus.net
Examples that can:
  212.23.2.11
  212.23.6.35

If any body can give me some pointers it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff Austin