bind config to view local virtual servers

news user news at sisyphus.news.be.easynet.net
Fri Jul 2 19:07:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:21:04 -0400, Barry Margolin wrote:

> You're going to have to give us more information.  What's different
> about the ways that www.mydomain.com and ed.mydomain.com are entered
> into your DNS?  What happens when you try to access ed.mydomain.com?

links http://www.mydomain.com	OK
links http://mybox		OK
links http://internalip		OK

I think the problem is for ed.mydomain.com it will make a request to
external DNS and try and come back into my domain rather than pointing
streight to my DMZ.

links http://ed.mydomain.com	FAIL (host not found)

I think I need to be working with "views" (found the article ;) but I can
figure it out... this is a sample of my "not working" config:

view "internal"{
        match-clients { localnets; };
        zone "mydomain.com" IN {
                type master;