Multiple ISPs on one hostname

David Magda dmagda+trace040423 at ee.ryerson.ca
Mon Jul 5 21:30:02 UTC 2004

David Jacoby <dj at outpost24.com> writes:

> Is there someone here who knows some other technique i can use or
> have some additional information about this.

There are routers avalaible that have two WAN interfaces. I don't
know of any manufacturers off the top of my head, but you can find
them.

If you want anything more complicated you can set things up so that
you have two gateways that advertise routes using RIP/OSPF. If one of
the routes goes, the gateway/router advertises that fact through
RIP/OSPF and hosts update their routing tables accordingly (the hosts
would have to run software that pays attention to the RIP/OSPF
information).

I would go with the dual-WAN router though. Much easier.

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/