Unable to resolve anything on "fannindemocrats.org" domain?

Barrett (Barry) W. Clark bwclark at postoffice.texoma.net
Thu Jul 8 15:30:10 UTC 2004

At 01:03 PM 7/7/2004, Barrett (Barry) W. Clark wrote:
>Hello,
>
>First, sorry for the length of this e-mail, I just want to be as thorough
>as possible.
>
>I am having a very strange problem with the domain "fannindemocrats.org".
>(We are NOT authoritative for this domain.)
>
>I have 3 DNS servers.  NS1 and NS2 are running Bind 9.2.3 on FreeBSD 4.8
>and NS3 is running DJBDNS (TinyDNS, an internal DNSCache and an external
>DNSCache) also on FreeBSD 4.8.  NS1 is the master. NS2 and NS3 are slaves.
>
>On the BIND servers, I cannot query anything on the "fannindemocrats.org"
>domain.

~~~Snipped for space~~~

>As far as I know, this is the only domain that shows this behavior.
>
>Any ideas or suggestions on what could be the issue?
>
>Thank you for your help!
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Barrett (Barry) W. Clark

Thanks to everyone who has responded! (public and private)

If someone (or a few of you) with BIND 9.2.3 would do a dig on
"fannindemocrats.org" and let me know the results, I would be
grateful.  (as a sanity check)

I have also sent an e-mail to NTES.NET and PROPAGATION.NET about the issue,
perhaps they can shed some light on a fix.

Barrett (Barry) W. Clark