SPF records for subdomain

Michele Chubirka chubirka at gwu.edu
Fri Jul 9 12:44:43 UTC 2004

I have delegated a subdomain to a user who has asked me to do the following:
Add a CNAME record in my parent domain pointing to his mail server. Then had
an SPF record in my parent domain which points to this same CNAME record.
First, isn't this syntax incorrect? From what I've read, it is. Also, I
don't have any other SPF records for my parent domain, wouldn't it be
dangerous to add one such record pointing to his mail server without adding
any records for all outgoing mail servers in my parent domain?

---