Named LOGGING

Deepa Pannirselvam deepa_pannir at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 04:43:12 UTC 2004

One more.

i cretaed my own channel and logged the messages which
ahs severity error and above in a seperate file .
Other than that I nulled all categories. But still,
the below message are logged in /var/log/messages.

Jul 13 18:40:21 warp502 named[1139]: starting
(/etc/named.conf).named 8.3.4-REL Thu Jul  8 22:11:07
IST 2004
^Ideepa at deepa.fatpipeinc.com:/home/deepa/src/bind/src/bin/named

also if i left any error in conf file (named.conf), it
is logged in /var/log/messages and not in my own file
defined. Am i have to take care of any other loggign
in conf file..

thanks