Bind 9.2.3 very, very slow starup

Eric Dynowski bindlist at ip-hotel.com
Fri Jul 16 11:29:35 UTC 2004

Everyone,

Just an update..

I was about to rebuild bind on another machine and replace this one
because I was ran out other ideas. So I tar'ed up the /etc/bind direcory
to copy over, and noticed the copy (scp) was very, very, very slow.. So I
disabled the on board Intel NIC, installed a Netgear, and recompiled the
Kernel (2.4.18) without EtherExpress Pro support and with DEC Tulip
support, then rebooted and bind started perfectly the first time.

Because this is a production server, Im still affraid to restart bind and
find out if this really solved the problem. I guess we will see what
happens the next time I try and restart. Has anyone ever seen a problem
with bind relating to network kernel drivers? I have tried different
kernel versions up to 2.6..

Strange..

Eric.