Bind 9.2.3 on Solaris 2.6

Mickey.Olsberg at edwardjones.com Mickey.Olsberg at edwardjones.com
Fri Jul 16 14:55:12 UTC 2004

As long as you don't implement any of the BIND9-specific options or RR
types until all are upgraded you should be ok... You might want to set
check-names to ignore if you changed any of the hostnames to something
that BIND4 wouldn't like... I personally would upgrade the slaves first
so that you can avoid this.

Another option if you have the equipment would be to stand up a BIND9
master (maybe the test machine you mention) alongside the existing
master until you can verify that all items are working. You could then
upgrade each slave and point them to the new IP in one step. This does
involve the extra work of adding an NS record to whoever manages your
domain, but I think it would be worth it...

Hope this helps!
Mickey