slaving a zone called "localhost" won't IXFR

Jeff Stevens jstevens at vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 20 21:29:36 UTC 2004

I have a customer with 2 machines running BIND 8 DNS and he said his zone
transfers were "failing" for the 'localhost' zone, because he says he does
an update to the master zone and his SOA on his slave is lower than his SOA
on his master. I have a log of the slave server job with the message:

DNS logging: XFER-IN: INFO: ZONE WAS ALREADY UP TO DATE.

I don't exactly see a problem here, but I am curious how the slave can be
up-to-date and result in this message?

--
Jeffrey Stevens