Bind9 + db(any) + split dns (views)

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Jul 22 08:30:13 UTC 2004

    Ben> We had thought about doing other things, (i.e. script calls
    Ben> script calls script) I'd like to investigate what all would
    Ben> be involved in setting up a database backend to bind.  Are
    Ben> you (or anyone) aware of any resources that might offer some
    Ben> further light on how to go about doing it?

AFAIK, nobody is using a database back-end with BIND9 on production
servers. [That doesn't mean there isn't anyone doing this. I've just
not heard about anyone who is doing this.] You might want to check out
BIND-DLZ. It might have references or links to installations that are
using a database back-end with BIND9.