Cache leak!

Fredrik Håkansson fredrik at spamme.younix.se
Fri Jul 23 06:47:10 UTC 2004

Hello!

If i set up a Bind 9 name server with two views. One view where the
name server is authoritative for our Internet DNS zones and doesn't allow
recursive queries, and is used by Internet name-servers to resolve our DNS
data. The other view is also authoritative for our Internet DNS zones but
allows recursive queries and is used by resolvers on our DMZ.

If i do this will the authoritative view used by Internet name-servers be
subject to cache poisoning? Or in other words does two views share cache??

Thanks in advance!
Fredrik