Bind 9.2.3 very, very slow starup

Eric Dynowski bindlist at ip-hotel.com
Sun Jul 25 19:01:43 UTC 2004

Everyone,

The new NIC didn't fix the problem. We had to restart the server Friday
night and the same thing happened: Slow startup, kill; Slow startup, kill;
etc, etc, and Finally it started in less then one second after about 50
starts and kills. I guess we just got lucky during the restart before. So
back to the drawing board..

It's running now, but we are afraid to restart it, who knows how long it
will take. I think I will try compiling 9.2 on  another machine, and
copying the zone files. Thoughts??

Eric.