Clarification on Comments in Bind 9.2

Jain Manish JManish at novell.com
Mon Jul 26 08:57:17 UTC 2004

Hi All,

As we know that Bind 9.2 support comments in both named.conf and
zone.db file. Recently, I found that during zone transfer, comments
entered in the primary zone's file are not being transferred to the
secondary. I think this is the expected behavior of Bind 9.2. Can
somebody correct me, if I am wrong in this assumption?

My questions are below on this:

Why the comments from primary  are being lost during the zone -in?
Is there any plan to support in Bind 9.2 for retaining the comments
during zone-in?

I will appreciate you for the response.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish