Setting up DNS

Max Nokhrin mno11 at lycos.com
Sun Jul 25 04:57:57 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am very new to DNS, but want to set it up properly on my computer to
know how it works. At this point, I have successfully installed BIND and
got it working (starting, answering queries through dig). However, now
that I started experimenting with adding zones, I am running into issues.

My question is: let's say that I have a domain name, whose name servers
point to ns1.mydnsserver.com. How do I set up my computer to answer as
ns1.mydnsserver.com?

Sorry if this confuses anyone, but I am confused about this completely :)

Thanks a lot,
Max