DNS reverse lookup doesn't work from outside

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 27 23:33:43 UTC 2004

Problem #1: SBC/Ameritech is pointing the CNAME records into a
0.200.249.68.in-addr.arpa zone, but apparently your nameserver
(@68.249.200.20) doesn't know anything about that zone.

Problem #2: SBC/Ameritech has delegated the aforementioned
0.200.249.68.in-addr.arpa zone to its own servers, and also to
"dns-01.buydeal.com", but that name does not appear to exist in DNS, so
the delegation would be at least partially broken, even if your box was
master and the SBC/Ameritech boxes were slaves.

                                                            - Kevin