Frequent duplicates

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 31 22:29:59 UTC 2004

Is anyone else seeing lots of duplicate messages in this group (I read
it via the comp.protocols.dns.bind newsgroup).  For instance, today
there was a repeat of the initial message in the "delegation of subnet
to remote DNS?" thread.  I compared the headers, and they differed in
the following:

Message-ID (these appear to be generated by ISC's mail-to-news gateway)
X-Trace (also generated by the gateway)
NNTP-Posting-Date (reflects the times that each message went out)
X-Originalarrivaltime (the original doesn't have this, the duplicate
does, and the time is close to the messages' Date headers)

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA