Top Level Domains

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jun 2 03:37:39 UTC 2004

Gnos Theos wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know of a list of TLDs that are
>two levels, e.g. .co.uk, or .co.jp ?

Um, such a thing cannot exist by definition, since a TLD is a
*top*-level domain. .co.uk and .co.jp are SLDs (second-level domains)
under the .uk and .jp TLDs, respectively.

Perhaps you mean "a list of SLDs under which domain registration is
possible" (???) I'm not aware of any such comprehensive list, but at
least with the right terminology you might have more luck finding one...

                                                   - Kevin

P.S. The .us domain accepts registrations under <state>.us, but only
from state agencies or departments, so I'm not sure whether you'd want
to add those 50 SLDs to your list or not...