How can I cross-compile the Bind9 with mips compiler?

won seok wsbaek at empal.com
Tue Jun 8 09:12:29 UTC 2004

Dear,

I have been trying to port the Bind9 to MIPS4Kc board.
While doing that, I encountered any compile error like following.

dnssec.c:145: parse error before `dns_rdata_rrsig_t`

I found that the dns_rdata_rrsig_t is defined in rdatastruct.h which
was nerated by 'gen' utility.
Because the cross compiled 'gen' utility couldn't run on my x86
development pc, I compiled the gen utility with gcc and copied the
result (incluing rdatastruct.h) files to proper directory. And I
modified a Makefile not to run the gen utility.
And I re-compile the overall Bind-9.3.0beta4 with gmake. But it failed
with the above error messages.
What is the problem?

I had compiled openssl-0.9.7d(with cross compiler) before compiled the
Bind9.

Please help me.