DNS Problems - Need to get it working.

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 20 20:59:59 UTC 2004

In article <cb37gh$4n0$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Spencer Yost" <syost at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> Every computer that tries to use this new name server as a resolver can NOT
> resolve any domains.

Works fine for me.  I did:

dig www.yahoo.com a @heavyiron.atis.net

and I got a correct answer.

> As an example, I host yhimc.com.   The new DNS server is
> heavyiron.atis.net.  I can do a nslookup/dig on any machine on my network
> that uses heavyiron.atis.net as a DNS server and can NOT resolve
> www.yhimc.com or any other domain.  Likewise John Doe on his machine and
> ISP across the world can not  resolve www.yhimc.com. Logging on to the
> server and doing a query DOES resolve it just fine though.

I have no trouble looking this up when I query your server, but it fails
when I query ns2-auth.sprintlink.net.  Have you told them to configure
it as a slave, and have you put it in your allow-transfer access list?

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA